A takeout-style dinner that you make at home!
A delicious vegan one-pot meal ready in under 30 minutes? You betcha! Coconut milk helps balance the bite of the spices while the broccoli and bell pepper contribute a slight crunch to complement the soft noodles and tofu. Even non-vegans will delight in this Thai-style coconut curried soup!
2 tbsp. refined coconut oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
2 1/2 tbsp. red curry paste
15 oz. coconut milk (1 can)
3 c. vegetable broth
1 tbsp. agave
8 oz. rice noodles
7 oz. tofu, cubed (about 1/2 block)
2 c. broccoli florets
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. lime juice
Salt, to taste
Fresh cilantro, to serve
1. In a large pot, melt the coconut oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the garlic and ginger and cook for 2-3 minutes, until fragrant.
2. Add the red curry paste and stir for another 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the coconut milk and stir well to evenly distribute the curry paste. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
4. Once boiling, add the agave and rice noodles and cook for 2 minutes. Stir frequently to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
5. Add the tofu, broccoli, and bell pepper, and stir to combine. Cook 3-5 more minutes, until the noodles are done and the broccoli is tender.
6. Stir in the lime juice and add salt to taste.
7. Garnish with cilantro and serve immediately.
Recipe by Tasty