Who doesn't hear the word "picnic" and think of a warm summer day near a pond, with a blanket spread on the ground and tasty treats being pulled from a basket? Whatever your ideal picnic looks like, follow this advice to ensure your picnic parties go off without a hitch!
Sandwiches and fruit just taste better outside, don’t you think?
Skewers are great for bbqs because they cook quickly and you can easily tell if the meats are cooked all the way through.
Choose easy finger foods, especially for a romantic meal. Don’t forget the candles and the bottle opener!
Don’t forget the napkins, wet wipes, storage for leftovers, trash bags … and wireless speakers for music!
• Don’t partially cook meat before the picnic.
• You can’t go overboard with ice and cold packs for meat, fish, and poultry, plus anything with mayo.
• Stash the cooler in the shade.
• Use a meat thermometer to ensure everything is cooked properly.
• Put leftovers in the fridge immediately, and toss anything that’s gotten warm.
• Choose resealable plastic containers over foil, cling film, or plastic baggies.
• Use real cutlery, plates and reusable straws.
• Even better, go with finger foods that don’t need cutlery!
• Put your reusable water bottles to use, no matter what drinks you bring.
• Remember that even orange peels or other food waste should be cleaned up.
• Keep food covered.
• Avoid picnic areas near wet ground.
• Don’t set up within 50 feet of a garbage can.
• Tote some citronella candles or citrus fruits to repel insects.
• Seal fruits, sodas, and other sweet items in tubs or under lids.